- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
Young Living’s peppermint essential oil (Mentha piperita) is a must-have for every home and is the ideal essential oil for pampering!
Young Living’s peppermint is one of our most versatile oils. Whether you want to experience the cooling sensation of menthol on overworked muscles, enjoy an invigorating foot scrub, or soothe an upset stomach, peppermint essential oil can help!
Peppermint (Mentha piperita) has a strong, clean, fresh, minty aroma. Peppermint essential oil is often diluted before topical application. Peppermint may also be used to enhance the flavor of food and water. Peppermint has an approximate ORAC of 373,455 (TE/L). TE/L is expressed as micromole Trolox equivalent per liter.
Peppermint essential oil uses:
- After a tough workout, dilute a few drops of Peppermint in V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex, and use it in a refreshing post-workout massage.
- Create your own home spa! Add Peppermint and Eucalyptus Radiata to hot bath water and enjoy the relaxing, invigorating scent and aromatic steam.
- Peppermint is in the same family as both Lavender and Rosemary. Diffuse the oils of these powerful botanicals together for a fresh aroma that uplifts the spirit.
Peppermint Studies and Research:
Peppermint (Mentha piperita) has a strong, clean, fresh, minty aroma. One of the oldest and most highly-regarded herbs
for soothing digestion, it may also improve gastric motility and digestive efficiency.*
Jean Valnet, M.D., studied Peppermint‘s effect on the liver and respiratory systems. Other scientists have also researched Peppermint‘s role in improving taste and smell when inhaled.
Dr. William N. Dember of the University of Cincinnati studied Peppermint‘s ability to improve
concentration and mental activity.
Alan Hirsch, M.D., studied Peppermint‘s ability to directly affect the brain’s satiety center, which triggers a
sensation of fullness after meals.
How to use Peppermint oil:
Dietary Supplement: When using as a supplement, dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid such as
almond or coconut milk.
Possible skin sensitivity. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Dilution recommended for both topical and internal use. Do not apply neat to a fresh wound or burn. Dilute before using on sensitive areas such as the face, neck, genital area, etc. Keep out of reach of children. Avoid using on infants and very small children.
Peppermint Product Tips
- Add a drop of peppermint essential oil to herbal tea to help aid normal digestion.
- Massage several drops of peppermint essential oil on the abdomen, place a drop on wrists, or inhale to soothe the minor stomach discomfort associated with travel.
- Rub one drop of peppermint essential oil on the temples, forehead, over the sinuses (careful to avoid contact with your eyes), and on the back of the neck to relieve head pressure.
- Place 2 drops of peppermint essential oil on the tongue and rub another drop of oil under the nose to help improve concentration and alertness.
- Apply peppermint essential oil to the back of the neck and shoulders throughout the day to keep energy up.
- Inhale peppermint essential oil, apply topically to your temples or neck, or put a drop on your tongue or in water to jump-start your morning routine.
- Diffuse or inhale peppermint essential oil mid-morning to curb the desire to snack.
- Inhale peppermint essential oil or rub a drop on to your abdomen to soothe minor stomach discomfort.
Young Living Therapeutic Grade™ peppermint essential oil (Mentha piperita)
Peppermint essential oil is used a variety of popular Young Living products:
- Digest + Cleanse™
- Ortho Ease® Massage Oil
- Breathe Again™ Essential Oil Roll-On
- Deep Relief™ Essential Oil Roll-On
- PanAway® essential oil blend