Rediscover Peppermint!...... Peppermint Essential Oil
Young Living's peppermint is a must-have for every home and is the ideal essential oil for pampering!
Young Living's peppermint is one of our most versatile oils.
Whether you want to experience the cooling sensation of menthol on overworked muscles, enjoy an
invigorating foot scrub, or soothe an upset stomach, peppermint essential oil can help!
Here are a few quick and easy ways to incorporate peppermint into your daily routine:
Testimonials for: Peppermint
- Add a drop to herbal tea to help aid in digestion.
- You can also try peppermint essential oil in hot chocolate, brownies, and many other common recipes.
- Massage several drops on the abdomen, place a drop on the tip of the tongue or wrists, or inhale to soothe minor stomach discomfort associated with travel.
- Combine with lavender essential oil for a soothing and invigorating body, neck, or foot massage.
Our peppermint essential oil comes from the most potent plants around the globe—some is even
grown on Young Living farms — and is tested to ensure proper levels of menthol and menthone are in every bottle.
But there's more to Young Living Therapeutic Grade™ peppermint than just finding the best plants.
The secret is in expert harvesting practices. Peppermint is harvested when the field's overall
appearance goes from light to dark green. The growers make sure the plant has just started
to bloom before the peppermint is cut, and then water is carefully measured prior to distillation
to ensure the most potent constituents are steam-extracted.
Peppermint essential oil is used a variety of popular Young Living products:
Make sure you add peppermint to your order and discover the soothing benefits all over again!
26 uses of Peppermint
Peppermint (Mentha piperita) has a strong, clean, fresh, minty aroma. One of the oldest and most highly-regarded herbs
for soothing digestion, it may also improve gastric motility and digestive efficiency.*
Jean Valnet, M.D., studied Peppermint's effect on the liver and respiratory systems.
Other scientists have also researched Peppermint's role in improving taste and smell when inhaled.
Dr. William N. Dember of the University of Cincinnati studied Peppermint's ability to improve
concentration and mental activity.
Alan Hirsch, M.D., studied Peppermint's ability to directly affect the brain's satiety center, which triggers a
sensation of fullness after meals.
Peppermint has an approximate ORAC of 373,455 (TE/L).
TE/L is expressed as micromole Trolox equivalent per liter.
Peppermint - Item # 3614 - 15 ml.
PEPPERMINT IS GROWN AND DISTILLED AT THE YOUNG LIVING FARMS.
1 Rub 4-6 drops in the palm and rub over stomach and around the navel to relieve indigestion, flatulence
2. Add a drop of Peppermint oil to herbal tea to aid in digestion and relieve heartburn.
3. Massage several drops of Peppermint oil on the area of injury to reduce inflammation.
4. Apply Peppermint oil immediately to an injured area (bruised shin, hit on the foot or hand) to relieve
pain. If there is a cut, apply the Peppermint oil around (not on) the open wound.
5. Rub several drops of Peppermint oil on the bottoms of the feet to reduce fever.
6. Apply a drop of Peppermint oil topically on unbroken skin to stop itching.
7. For poison ivy or poison oak, apply Peppermint oil on location neat or dilute with V-6 Vegetable
8. Inhale Peppermint oil before and during a workout to boost your mood and reduce fatigue.
9. Massage several drops of Peppermint oil on the abdomen to relieve nausea.
10. To relieve a headache, rub a drop of Peppermint oil on the temples, forehead, over the sinuses (stay
away from the eyes) and on the back of the neck.
11. To stop hiccups, apply a drop of Peppermint oil on each side of the fifth cervical vertebra (up three
notches from the large vertebra at the base of the neck).
12. Place two drops of Peppermint oil on the tongue and rub another drop under the nose to improve
alertness and concentration.
13. Diffuse Peppermint oil in the room while studying to improve concentration and accuracy. Inhale
Peppermint oil while taking a test to improve recall.
14. Rub 4 drops of Peppermint oil on chest and stomach to relieve travel sickness.
15. Place a drop of Peppermint oil on the tongue and inhale into the nose and sinuses to relieve congestion
from a cold.
16. Add Peppermint oil to food as a flavoring and a preservative.
17. To deter rats, mice, ants or cockroaches, place two drops of Peppermint oil on a cotton ball and place
along the path or point of entry for these pests.
18. Mix one 15 ml. bottle of Peppermint oil into a 5 gallon can of paint to dispel the fumes.
19. Place a couple of drops of Peppermint oil in a cup of hot water and enjoy in place of coffee.
20. To kill aphids, add 4-5 drops of Peppermint oil to 4 ounces of water and spray the plants.
21. Drink a drop of Peppermint oil mixed in a glass of cold water to cool off on a hot day.
22. Rub Peppermint oil on joints to relieve arthritis or tendonitis pain.
23. Place a drop of Peppermint oil on the tongue to stop bad breath.
24. Inhale the fragrance of Peppermint oil to curb the appetite and lessen the impulse to overeat.
25. Remove ticks by applying a drop of Peppermint oil on a cotton swab and swabbing the tick. Wait for it
to unhinge its head and remove from your pet.
26. Mix Peppermint oil in a footbath to relieve sore feet. Keep water agitated while soaking feet.