Palo Santo Therapeutic Essential oil
Palo santo (Bursera graveolens) comes from the same botanical family (Burseraceae)
as frankincense, although it is found in South America rather than the Middle East.
Like frankincense, palo santo is known as a spiritual oil, traditionally used by the
Incas to purify and cleanse the spirit from negative energies. Even its Spanish name
reflects how highly this oil is regarded: Palo santo means "holy wood" or "sacred wood."
Analysis of Palo Santo oil reveals that it contains high levels of limonene, a
monoterpene compound that has been found to have chemo-preventive and chemo-therapeutic
effects against several types of cancer.
In medical aromatherapy the oil can be used as an anxiolytic agent that counteracts
panic attacks and anxiety, a respiratory remedy for cough, colds, and asthma, for
headaches and migraines, and in massage therapy for pain and inflammation of the
muscles and joints.
In spiritual aromatherapy it can be beneficial for meditation, Palo Santo- Bursera
graveolens Similar to frankincense, grows Ecuador. The tree produces oil the whole
time it is alive, but when it dies it goes in to the heartwood.
How to use:
For topical use, apply 1-2 drops on affected area. For aromatic use, inhale directly as
needed or diffuse/humidify for 10-15 minutes daily. Keep in a cool, dark place.
Caution: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under
a doctor's care, consult your physician.
Ingredients: Palo Santo (Bursera Graveolens) Oil
Palo Santo FAQ's
Gary discovered Palo Santo in 2005 in Ecuador. Palo Santo means Holy Branch.
Latino people – in Ecuador and Pero – use Palo Santo as the people in the
East use Frankincense.
When Palo Santo dies & falls to the ground, within 5 years the oil can be extracted
from the dead wood. You cannot get oil from live wood.
- They use Palo Santo to drive away evil spirits.
- They burn Palo Santo as incense sticks, also use Palo Santo as insect repellent.
- The natives in the jungles use Palo Santo in their fires – keeps away lice & ticks.
Palo Santo's Value?
- Palo Santo is anti-bacterial
- Palo Santo is anti-inflammatory.
- Palo Santo is thew highest in limonene as a single compound. There are red, white, and pink varieties; he distills all three. The highest percentage of limonene is in the red.
- Palo Santo is also anti-tumoral, anti-cancerous. Gary has used Palo Santo in the clinic intravenously for prostate cancer.
- Palo Santo can be used orally or topically.
- Powerful anti-inflammatory agent, and anti-fungal.
- Palo Santo has an amazing profile of compounds. You can diffuse, put on tongue sublingually, drink in water, massage on spine and/or chest, put in nostrils, put on cotton & put in ears for ear infection.
Gary had a patient with nasal polyps. Gary had him swab with a Q-tip with Palo Santo.
He did periodically, not consistently, and even with the erratic application, after 6 weeks,
the polyps disappeared and haven’t returned.
When the weather changes so often, you need to protect yourself.
Put Palo Santo under your nose on an airplane before breathing in all the bacteria.
Palo Santo can be irritating for sensitive folks; however most can use neat.
Test – and if there is redness, blend with V6 – especially with children.
If you have congested lungs, massage the back with 10 drops in V6 oil.
Sty, Pink Eye
You can rub Palo Santo around the eye. One drop each of Palo Santa and Myrrh, rub around closed eyes.
Keep eye closed for 2-3 minutes until fumes are gone. Good for a sty, or pink eye.
Palo Santo is good for a detached retina, also add frankincense, Idaho Balsam Fir, Sandalwood,
for DNA repair if compromised from inflammation. This is not tested yet, but Gary believes Palo Santo can repair DNA.
For arthritis, tendonitis, rheumatism, use Palo Santo.
A young man in Australia had damaged cartilege in his knees regenerated.
A pulled miniscus went away with Palo Santo.
A dozen people reported Palo Santo helped with depression. He wouldn’t have thought that would work, but it did.
The oils are 3 to 5 times more powerful than penicillin.
Testimonials for: Palo Santo
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Palo Santo Essential Oil - 5 ml
Item # 3607