LAVENDER (Lavandula angustifolia) is the most versatile of all essential oils. Therapeutic-grade lavender has been highly regarded for the skin. Lavender has been clinically evaluated for its relaxing effects. The fragrance is calming, relaxing and balancing - physically and emotionally. This plant is grown and distilled at the Young Living Farms.
- Calming – Rub Lavender oil on the feet for a calming effect on the body.
- Sleep Aid – Rub a drop of Lavender oil on your palms and smooth on your pillow to help you sleep.
STRESS AWAY A unique essential oil blend that is a natural solution created to combat normal stresses that creep into everyday life. Stress Away is the first product to contain the unique stress-relieving combination of lime and vanilla pure, therapeutic-grade essential oils. Stress Away also includes copaiba and lavender to reduce mental rigidity and restore equilibrium.
PEPPERMINT (Mentha piperita) One of the oldest and most highly regarded herbs for soothing. This plant is grown and distilled at the Young Living Farms.
- Working Out – Inhale Peppermint oil before and during a workout to boost your mood and reduce fatigue.
- Nausea – Massage several drops of Peppermint oil on the abdomen to relieve nausea.
- Alertness/Concentration – Place 2 drops of Peppermint oil on the tongue and rub another drop under the nose to improve alertness and concentration.
- Concentration / Recall – Diffuse Peppermint oil in the room while studying to improve concentration and accuracy. Inhale Peppermint oil while taking a test to improve recall.
- Aphids – Add 4-5 drops of Peppermint oil to 4 oz. of water and spray plants to kill aphids.
- Summer Cooler – Drink a drop of Peppermint oil mixed in a glass of cold water to cool off on a hot day.
- Bad Breath – Place a drop of Peppermint oil on the tongue to stop bad breath.
- Curb Appetite – Inhale the fragrance of Peppermint oil to curb the appetite and lessen the impulse to overeat.
- Ticks – Remove tick by applying a drop of Peppermint oil on a cotton swab and swabbing the tick. Wait for it to withdraw its head from the skin and remove it.
- Sore Feet – Mix Peppermint oil in a footbath to relieve sore feet. Keep water agitated while soaking feet.
THIEVES A blend of Clove (Syzygium aromaticum), Lemon (Citrus limon), Cinnamon Bark (Cinnamomum), Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus Radiata), and Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis CT cineol). Named after 15th century Thieves who rubbed these oils on themselves during the plague so as not to contract the disease while robbing the dead.
- Household Germs – 2-6 drops of Thieves oil in a small spray bottle and fill with water. Spray counter tops, bathtubs, toilets, sinks, & door knobs etc.
A pain relief blend of Wintergreen (Gaultheria proumbens), Clove (Syzygium aromaticum), Peppermint (Mentha piperita) and Helichrysum (Helichrysum italicum). This blend will ease discomforts of an active lifestyle or those everyday twinges with a warming and soothing effect.
JOY Joy blend exudes an alluring and irresistible fragrance that inspires romance and togetherness. When Joy oil blend is diffused, it can be refreshing and uplifting. Joy can bring feelings of self-love and confidence.
- Uplifting Scent –Joy contains the alluring flower scents of rose, mandarin, ylang ylang, and jasmine.
- Relaxing Bath – Joy helps bring about a sense of relaxation and balance.
- Romantic – Inspires romance and healthy relationships.
- Diffuse – Diffuse to promote relaxation and happiness.
PURIFICATION A blend of Citronella (Cymbopogon nardus), Lemongrass (Cymbopogon flexuosus), Rosemary (Rosemarinus officinalis), Melaleuca (Melalueca alternifolia), Lavandin (Lavandula x hybrida) and Myrtle (Myrtus communis) formulated for diffusing to purify and cleanse the air and neutralize mildew, cigarette smoke and disagreeable odors.
- Air Purifier – Diffuse Purification oil to clean the air and neutralize foul or stale odors.
- Air Freshener – Put several drops of Purification oil on a cotton ball and place in the air vents in the home, office, car, hotel room or enclosed areas.
- Air Purifier / Traveling – While traveling, inhale Purification oil during flights to protect yourself from pathogens found in re-circulated air.
- Insect Bites – Put a drop of Purification oil on insect bites to stop the itching.
- Blisters – Rub a drop of Purification oil on a blister to cleanse and disinfect.
- Sneaker Odors – Put 2 drops of Purification oil on 2 cotton balls and place in the toes of smelly sneakers to combat odors.
- Humidifier – Place a drop of Purification oil on each end of a cotton swab and place on top of your cold water humidifier to clean the air.
- Insect Repellant – Spritz several drops of Purification oil mixed with water to repel insects.
LEMON (Citrus limon) Lemon contains compounds that have been studied for their effects on immune function. CAUTION: Citrus oils should NOT be applied to skin that will be exposed to direct sunlight or ultraviolet light within 72 hours.
- Air Freshener – Put 6 drops of Lemon oil and 6 drops of Purification oil in a squirt bottle mixed with distilled water to use in bathroom as an air freshener.
- Gum, Oil, Grease Spots and Crayons – Use 1-2 drops of Lemon oil to remove gum, oil, grease spots or crayon.
- Lemonade – For homemade lemonade, in a blender mix 2 drops of Lemon oil, 2 Tbls. of honey and 2 cups of pure water. Adjust to suite your own taste.
- Counter Tops – Add 2-3 drops of Lemon oil to water and spray counter to sterilize.
- Dishcloths – Soak your dishcloth overnight in a bowl of water and a drop of Lemon oil to disinfect and kill germs.
MELALEUCA (ALTERNIFOLIA)Tea Tree Oil
Melaleuca alternifolia is commonly known as Tea Tree Oil. It is highly regarded for its wide range of uses. Melaleuca alternifolia supports the immune system*. Melaleuca alternifolia is revered for its cleansing and rejuvenating properties, especially for the skin.
- Skin irritations – Soothes itchy insect bites, sores and sunburns.
Guidelines for Safe Use of Young Living Everyday Oils Kit
Therapeutic-grade essential oils are strong and safe when used as directed. Below are some preventative precautions to help you have an enjoyable experience using Young Living Essential Oils.
- Always test for skin sensitivity and keep a bottle of V-6 vegetable mixing oil, massage oil base or any pure vegetable oil handy when using essential oils. Vegetable oils dilute essential oils if they cause discomfort or skin irritation. Water does not help.
- Read the complete label before using essential oils.
- Keep bottles of essential oils tightly closed and store them in a cool location away from children. If a child swallows an essential oil, administer milk, honey or another safe, oil-soluble liquid such as soy or rice milk. Do not use essential oils rich in menthol (such as Peppermint) on the throat or neck area of children under 30 months (2 years) of age.
- The citrus-based oils of Bergamot, Grapefruit, Lemon, Orange and Tangerine as well as oil blends with a heavy citrus concentration such as White Angelica and Purification should not be used on areas of the skin that will be exposed to the sun or UV rays within 72 hours. They may cause an increased reaction to the sun.
- Keep essential oils away from the eyes and out of your ears. Do not handle contact lenses or rub your eyes with essential oils on your fingers. If the oils should get into your eyes, soothe with a drop of vegetable oil, not water.
- Oils with a high phenol content Oregano, Helichrysum, Cinnamon, Thyme, Clove, Lemongrass, Bergamot, Thieves, and ImmuPower may damage contact lenses and irritate eyes. Be sure to wash your hands thoroughly before handling contact lenses.
- Epileptics and those with high blood pressure should consult their health care professional before using some essential oils. Avoid Hyssop, Fennel and Idaho Tansy oils.
- Before taking GRAS (Generally Regarded as Safe by the FDA) essential oils internally, always dilute with an oil soluble liquid like honey, olive oil or soy milk.
- Do not add undiluted essential oils directly to bath water. Use Epsom Salts as a dispersing agent for oils in the bath.
- Pregnant women should consult their health care professional before using essential oils containing constituents with hormone-like activity, such as Clary Sage, Sage, Idaho Tansy, Juniper and Fennel.
Use sponsor & enroller ID #73621