Sniffing, sneezing, coughing, watery eyes, post nasal drip – if you have these symptoms,
you may be suffering from allergies. An allergy is really just an over reaction of the
bodies immune system to what is otherwise normally harmless substances like mold, dust,
pollen and animal dander.
Our body responds as if these substances were invaders wanting
to harm us. The body sends out a barrage of antibodies to attack, which in turn triggers a cascade of
inflammatory responses. This inflammation constricts airways and nasal passages making
it hard to breath. The cough is the body trying to expel the invader.
Traditional allergy shots attempt to give the body a controlled amount of the allergen in
hopes of letting the body know the invader is harmless, so it doesn’t get in an uproar.
In many cases they can be effective, but are costly, painful and must be repeated often
on a weekly basis.
If you do not opt for the shots, then take your pick among the many inhalers and prescription
medicines that are available for allergy sufferers – all with a multitude of side effects; NO THANKS!
How about relief withOUT drugs!
Even though allergic responses can be a complex issue, there are some simple things you can
do to help make an enormous difference in how you feel.
- Stop all dairy – this includes milk, yogurt, ice cream and cheese.
These are mucous forming and further add to upper respiratory issues.
Clean the air in your home by diffusing with therapeutic grade essential oils.
Please do not think that the air fresheners you buy at the store have anything but detrimental
effects with allergies. Use the essential oil blends Purification and R.C. for clean, purified air.
Diffusing Purification and lemon is said to quite a cough.
Replace household toxic cleaners with safer, all natural cleaners.
White vinegar, baking soda, pure grain alcohol or ordinary pure soap will clean
without adding to the toxic soup in your home. We have elected to use the
Thieves Household Cleaner to mop the floor, clean cabinets and
counter tops, the bathroom from sink to toilet, in the laundry, for walls and windows.
It is safer to use than most so called natural cleaners and cleans like nothing I have
ever used before, even getting out old set in stains on Formica counter tops and clothes.
It is less expensive, easier to use and does a better job than other natural cleaners I have tried.
Dusting and Vacuum with essential oils.
Add a few drops of eucalyptus globulus
to the vacuum bag or on a cotton ball in the collection container. One drop of
lemon essential oil with a few drops of
almond oil on a cloth will make dusting a pleasure. Try using the micro-fiber clothes for
dusting and household cleaning when just water will do.
Clean the “inside: of your body by doing various cleansing routines to help remove the old toxic buildup.
Detoxzyme is a great enzyme to clean up undigested proteins that can cause inflammation.
Take proper omega oil capsules (Omega Blue) which can further fight inflammation.
Use the 5-Day Nutritive Cleanse or Re-juv-en-ate Program from Young Living to get
cleansing off to a great start. Increase your raw food consumption to at lease 60% raw and 40% cooked.
Other oils used successfully to combat allergies include:
The oils mentioned here are exclusively from Young Living.
After nearly 12 years of essential oil research and testing many non-Young Living oils,
it is this author’s opinion, that no other brand has the purity, potency and effectiveness.
If you’re not going to use the Young Living essential oils, then don’t use essential oils at all!
- R.C. blend and Raven blend may be applied to the back of the neck, throat and lungs, plus inhale deeply several times per day.
- Inhaling eucalyptus, R.C. or Raven may help stop a runny nose.
- Roman chamomile can be diluted 50/50 with olive oil and used to swab the nose daily.
- Peppermint can open up clogged sinuses when nothing else will work.
- How to use the peppermint: To a clean hand, drop 1-2 drops of peppermint oil in the palm of your hand. Stick the tip of your tongue in the oil and place the tip of your tongue to the roof of your mouth. Breathe in and out of your mouth three times, close your mouth and breathe through the nose. Within a matter a few minutes, your nasal passages will open up. You may repeat as needed.
- ImmuPower with the oil cistus, is a wonderful immune supportive oil blend. Apply to the bottom of the feet and chest. May be diluted with 100% pure vegetable oil.